Wednesday 4 September 2019

Life's Treasures - Teachers

              LIFE’S TREAURES – TEACHERS

         
Life is an exciting book with countless chapters and pages, comprising of lessons called experiences, when read it makes our life’s journey, simple.
Life has several teachers in its journey, every person we meet can teach us new lessons, adding new chapters and pages to our life’s book.

From the learning simple values to tackling life’s crisis every situation demands past experiences, one who can share their experiences to inspire and help others are teachers of great value – I call them treasures of life.
From a tiny ant to complex beings, from a janitor to CEO, they all teach us life’s lessons.

MY REAL LIFE TREASURES AND LESSONS LEARNT: 

My first teachers 

My mother and father, who taught us humanity, equality, fraternity and integrity. We, I and my sister treat everyone with utmost respect, they being the reason for teaching us such great values. Their right socializing process made us whom we are today! Thanks to two great selfless souls.

Great teachers to be valued 

Vegetable vendors, helpers and florists, mostly women, who sell our daily necessities. These akkas (elder sisters), can be called “Ambassadors of women empowerment”. We live in a patriarchal society which does not allow women to work, especially middle class. Most of these akkas being the bread winners of their family, they are financially independent.

 These akkas have always taught me hard work and empowerment. Salute to these great teachers who inspire me to work, recklessly.

My friends: 

Thanks to all those friends who taught me life's lessons. But today, I would like to mention only one friend’s name (sorry to rest of the friends, definitely will mention each one of you in subsequent posts).

From 2015, my life dramatically changed, during all my hard times, one person, who kept encouraging me, through out, was Jo!

Jo is the inspiration behind my initiative. You taught me several things about society, you empowered me with those information. I'm definitely not going to thank you Jo, I wish, you remain my inspiration and a teacher for life! Your intelligence and thoughts have always inspired us!

My school and college teachers:

Teachers in any educational institution are even more special than any real life teachers. When our parents struggle to take care of two or three kids at home, these teachers are Noble souls who can handle 30-60 children at one go!

Like the sun in the sky, they guided us through our darkest days. They sculpted us like a sculpture’s master piece. They taught us to write and taught us life's lessons.

Being a highly distracted student with a very short attention span, I can completely empathize with these teachers, only now. I would like to apologize to teachers for not being an obedient and disciplined student.

I would like to remember few of my teachers during school and colleges days on this special day:

Ms. Malarvizhi

She was my mathematics teacher in third and sixth grades @SBOA MATRICULATION, Chennai. You kept encouraging me to score only 100%. If I scored any lesser, she would scold me, so badly, that I can't even handle. Thank you, ma'am for your confidence in me. Your anger was because of the love you had for me.

She would bloat with pride about me to other students and teachers, especially about my handwriting. Hopefully, she still feels the same about me.

Later on, she did not handle maths classes for me, I hated maths and did not perform well. And until now I have an aversion towards maths. The last time I scored well in maths paper was when you taught me.


Ms. Benitha, Asst. Professor, Advanced zoology and Biotechnology

She was my professor during Under Graduation, @ Women's Christian College, Chennai, it was your encouragement that kept motivating me to push my limits both in my academics and personal life.
 Every time I felt low, you were there to provide moral support and you kept giving me varied inputs, I sincerely follow them even today.

 It was you ,who wanted me to participate in every other competitions and I won prices in them too.  You kindled the leadership qualities in me.

Thanks can't be enough, but I can't find a better word. I learnt humanity and unconditional love from you - you kept giving us love and care without any expectations.

Mr.Rajan Jeyabalan, MA HRM, MSSW


He was my professor during Post graduation @Madras School of social work.

Sir, your lectures always were thought provoking and you gave us the independence to explore several topics and various ways to present our answers in our examinations. You encouraged us to think beyond our books and syllabus, you gave practical lessons on both management and life.

 I'm sure none of my classmates would have forgotten your life lesson sessions at the beginning of your every lecture.
You have definitely sculpted us as better human beings and as better HR professionals. Thank you sir!


Request to all readers: 

If you can pass the above message about my school and college teachers to the concerned teachers mentioned. I would be more than happy, as I have lost all of their contacts. If you know anyone of them, please do share it with them. This being my kind request, it would be a great gesture. Thanks in advance!😊

#Beautfylife❤️
#celebrate noble profession
HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY to all teachers of my life, who keep inspiring me every day!

Do not forget to share your teacher's name and life's lessons learnt from them, in the comment section below.  Share your memories with them, let's make their day a special one.



Priya Kirubanandan
@ VitaThesaurum -- Life's Treasures
 SpReAd LoVe..❣️
It does not cost much

1 comment:

  1. Remember, your life's stories can console many wounded hearts and souls. Ready to be a teacher??? You can also be a teacher to someone, share your life experiences and inspire others @Vita Thesaurum -- Life's Treasures.
    Your support and love is much requested and needed.
    Please do visit our blog read, participate, like, follow and share our:

    Blog site https://vitathesaurum.blogspot.com/?m=1

    Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/vitathesaurum/?ref=bookmarks

    Instagram account @vt_life’s treasures
    https://instagram.com/vt_lifetreasures?igshid=veqogynrhvuv

    ReplyDelete

World toilet day 2019

What is World Toilet Day all About? Toilets save lives, because human waste spreads killer diseases. World Toilet Day is about inspiring ...